Saturday 29 September 2012

The Goods in the Bad

Sad Seahorse (Hippocampus tristis). Photo: Ryan Pearson
By Ryan Pearson
Well, the dive conditions dropped off today. After a few 20m+ visibility days, the vis dropped to about 5m today thanks to a strong NW wind... BUT... this was one of my most successful photography days in a while. I'm pretty happy with the result, and here they are so I hope you enjoy...


Stars and Stripes Puffer (Arothron hispidus). Photo: Ryan Pearson

Now, this below image isn't the greatest shot I've taken, but I was amazed at something I spotted in the shot while previewing it. It's a close up of a stonefish eye, and on the bottom left of the eye, is a tiny tiny tiny little fish. It may be hard to see, but I thought it was pretty cool.
Estuary Stonefish Eye with a tiny (<0.5mm) fish sitting on it. Photo: Ryan Pearson
Sad Seahorse (Hippocampus tristis). Photo: Ryan Pearson
Obscure Hypselodoris (Hypselodoris obscuris). Photo: Ryan Pearson
Mr Moustache! Stars and Stripes Pufferfish (Arothron hispidus). Photo: Ryan Pearson
White Eyed Moray Eel (Gymnothorax trysoideus). Photo: Ryan Pearson
Common Sydney Octopus (Octopus tetricus). Photo: Ryan Pearson

No comments: